- You will not be able to drive yourself home and will need an adult driver (over the age of 18) to take you home and stay with you following surgery. Taking a taxi cab, bus or any other public transportation is not acceptable, unless accompanied by another adult.
- Please arrange in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home and stay with you for the first 24 hours following surgery. Unless you instruct us differently, we will go over your home instructions with you and your driver.
- To assist in your recovery we will provide written instructions for you to take home.
- Be sure to follow your physician's instructions regarding rest, medications, and activity once you have returned home. You should start your diet with clear liquids, unless directed otherwise. Within a day you should be back to your normal diet.
- Since it is normal to feel drowsy, dizzy or lightheaded after receiving sedation, we urge you to refrain from the following activities for 24 hours:
- signing important papers or making important decisions
- driving or operating any equipment
- smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages
- After surgery you will have a follow-up appointment with your surgeon. During the visit, your doctor will check how you are healing. If you have any questions regarding your progress, write them down before you go for this visit and ask them at your appointment. If you have any questions or problems following your surgery or follow-up appointment with your surgeon, please contact your physician's office.
- If you have any questions or problems following surgery please contact your physician's office.
- A nurse from Lakeview Surgery Center will contact you by phone the day after your surgery to see how you are feeling and to answer any additional questions you might have. If your surgery is on Friday, a nurse will call you the following Monday.
In order to reduce exposure to illnesses, limit visitors to 1 adult over the age of 18 (driver) per adult patient. If the patient is a child, they may be accompanied by both parents/guardians. NO children unless they are the patient. We want to keep from exposing any of our patients and their family members to illness.
***If you the patient OR your driver has a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or been exposed to someone with Coronavirus DO NOT report to the surgery center. Call 515.273.5363. For emergent situations, call 911.***