Your Right to Pain Relief
- As the anesthetic effects wear off, the area of your surgery may hurt or burn.
- If you need pain medicine, please ask for it. To help manage your pain, the nurse will explain how to use the Pain Scale Rating System.
- If you have nausea, medicine can be given to try to make you feel better.
- Any prescriptions will need to be filled at your pharmacy of choice.
- Good pain control can speed your recovery. Early treatment is best-it is easier to prevent pain than it is to play "catch up." Pain is personal, and everyone responds to it differently. Ask for medication — you don't have to wait for it to be offered to you. You can expect us to provide information about pain and pain relief. Our staff is committed to preventing and quickly relieving pain.