Day of Surgery
- Please bathe or shower the morning of your surgery, but do not use lotions or oils after bathing. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is big enough to accommodate a large bandage after surgery. Also wear comfortable shoes.
- Please leave jewelry, cash and valuables at home. The surgery center cannot be responsible for the security of these items.
- All makeup, jewelry, piercings, contact lenses, and dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- As a precaution to protect your identity, you will need to bring all of your insurance cards with you to the center, along with your driver's license or other photo identification that matches your current address.
- You will be asked to sign a form giving your consent for the surgery. If the patient is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient to the center and sign consent form.
- If you are a legal guardian, please bring a copy of appropriate legal documents and court order for surgery.
- Please arrive one hour before your scheduled surgery, unless a surgery center staff members informs you differently.
- An anesthesiologist will speak with you concerning anesthesia options, if required for your procedure.