One or two days before your planned surgery, you will be contacted by a member of the Lakeview Surgery Center's nursing staff who will review your medical history, including any medications you are currently taking. The nurse will also provide instructions on how to prepare for your surgery and arrival time at the surgery center. If any change occurs in your physical condition, such as cold or fever, please contact your physician’s office immediately.
QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE ASKED INCLUDE
- Questions about your medical history.
- Do you have allergies? Please list.
- Do you have any health problems? Please list.
- Have you had any other surgeries or any personal or family history of any anesthesia problems?
- Have you had a fever, cold, or rash recently?
- Do you take medications, including over-the -counter products such as aspirin? Please be ready to tell the nurse the name of all your medicines, amount or dosage taken, and how often you take them.
- Do you use alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs?
Ask your doctor about pre-surgery testing. Some diagnostic work can be completed up to one month before surgery.